Monday, December 24, 2012

An Elf to Help...With the Laundry

Better late than never, I finished making my own version of the "Elf on a Shelf" elf.  If you haven't heard of it yet, the real elf is sold along with a book that tells his or her (if you buy the girl elf version) story.  The elf magically flies back to the North Pole every night to tell Santa whether the kids in his house have been naughty or nice.  I initially thought it was kind of creepy - having an elf supposedly watching your kids every day, but then I discovered the fun part.  Every morning, when the kids wake up, they have to search through the house to find the elf, who has been up to some kind of mischief.  He might do snow angels in a pile of flour on the kitchen counter, or toilet paper the christmas tree, or draw moustaches on the faces in the pictures on the wall (with a dry-erase pen).  I thought it would be fun, so I showed O some pictures of the mischievous elves online because I wanted to see his reaction.  I thought he might be distressed by an elf doing naughty things to his house, and I was right.  O was quite upset by the toilet papered Christmas tree and made it quite clear that he did NOT want a naughty elf in the house.  He did, however, suggest that I make a good elf to help me with my chores.  Specifically, he mentioned, an elf to help me with the laundry at night after he is asleep.  Wouldn't that be nice!  And so, here he is:



And here is a photo of my chandelier, all decked out for Christmas.  Just because.


Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. So cute. I think God forgot a few snips and snails and puppy dog tails when he was creating O!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...