Saturday, August 11, 2012

Humble Pie

Remember this post, in which I wrote about some new wall art I was working on?  One of the pieces, as you might remember, was a large framed print from Ikea that we've had since we first got married, almost ten years ago.  The print was "Balconies on the Grand Canal" by Jonathan Pike.  I needed a change, for reasons explained in that post, so I used the back of paper to make this:


Guess who commented on that blog post?  Jonathan Pike.  The artist whose work I turned around to use the backside of the paper.  I thought it was a joke at first, then I hoped it was a joke because I was a wee bit embarrassed.  But, no, it was genuine.  Lucky for me, he was very gracious about the whole thing!
Check out some of his new work here.  I'm really liking "Salute at Dawn" and "Brighton."


1 comment:

  1. HOMYGOSH! Humble pie, indeed =) But who evereverEVER figures an Ikea print upcycled will ever get back to the original artist? Lol. You're awesome. =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...