Sunday, July 8, 2012

A Major Omission

Remember that post in which I confessed my envy for people who have life-long friendships?  It occurred to me today that I made a major omission in that post.  It's the kind of realization that kind of makes the blood in your body start flowing in the opposite direction, or at least that is what it feels like, and you feel like you cannot do a single thing until you right the situation.  I was driving to church this morning after a lovely morning walk with my boys and my younger sister, when I remembered and I considered for half a second going home to write up these thoughts.  It was lurking around in the back of my mind as I wrote up my last post, but I didn't pay close enough attention to those thoughts to formulate them into words.
I have lifelong friends that I neglected to mention, and best friends at that: my two sisters.  They inspire me, encourage me, laugh with me, cry with me, defend me, purge ugly clothes from my closet with for me, and they have been there since day one (or, in younger sister's case, since her day one).  What more could one ask for in a friend?  And I have two!


1 comment:

  1. This just made me tear up just a wee bit! You're my best friend too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...