Saturday, April 28, 2012

Moving Day, Number I Don't Remember Because I'm Tired and We've Been Moving for Nine Months.

Moving Day.  I am tired.  I don't have a lot of words left, but I bring you this public service announcement:

If you ever move and buy eight large pizzas from Superstore on a Saturday that are supposed to cook directly on the oven racks and you think "Hey, maybe it would be a good idea to put some aluminum oven drip-catching trays at the bottom of the oven to catch all the drips of cheese so that I don't have a messy oven later on" don't do it.  You will have an oven with melted aluminum on the bottom instead of melted cheese, burnt pizzas that are not fit for human consumption, and hungry volunteer movers.  Worst idea of the year, so far.  Hopefully the oven can be fixed.

But, other than that, and a opportunity to use my assertiveness training in a dispute with the moving truck rental company, moving day was a success!  Thank you to everyone who has helped us along the way!  Barring any further complications, we'll be sleeping in our new abode tomorrow night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...