Wednesday, February 23, 2011

P.S.

I was thinking about my most recent post last night after I crawled into bed, and realized that I need to pay more attention to what God thinks about my parenting than what other people say about it.  Of course, that begs the question: how do I know what God thinks about my parenting?   I believe that God can use other people to speak truth into my life, both the confidence building truth and the hard truth, so I suppose that is where other people's words really matter.  It's helpful to learn from other people's parenting styles, but I need to remember to learn from and try to emulate God's mothering and fathering of me.  Am I gentle and patient with my son?  Am I ready to forgive after he's done the same naughty thing ten times in one day?  Am I loving enough to have the strength to send him to time-out and have him be angry with me?  Thank goodness for grace; there are some pretty awe-some goals to live up to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...